FOR THE STUDY OF
WRITTEN OR COMPILED BY
DR. CHARLES A. MAXFIELD
Material is placed on this site for use in courses and workshops which I teach. This material may be downloaded for use in such courses, or by others for personal use. For any other use, please contact me
Charles A. Maxfield
- The Creation of the United Church of Christ in North Dakota
- A history of the five communities that came together to form the North Dakota Conference, now the Northern Plains Conference, of the United Church of Christ, from 1876 to 1989.
- The Effects of World War I on Christian Thought in Europe.
- A paper that examines the impact of the War on the thought of Karl Barth, Albert Schweitzer, and others, and their impact, in turn, on Europe.
- The Formation and Early History of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
- How America's first foreign mission board came into being, and the first forty years of its history.
- The Presbyterian and Congregational Churches Among the Dakota
- My Masters in Theology Thesis, It's about the Indians, the mission, the churches, and the denominations. It's about Christian unity and integrity, and a distinct way of thinking and doing.
- What Kind of Unity?
- An examination of the different understandings of Christian unity among the four groups that came together as the United Church of Christ.
- Wholistic Church History
- A Statement of my approach to Church History.
- Germanness on Trial: The German Evangelical Synod of North America and the Espionage Act of 1917.
- A description of the struggle in the Evangelical Synod caused by anti-German husteria at the time of World War I, with special attentiuon to the trials of pastors Wilhelm Schumann and John Fontana.
- Expressions of Faith: Doctrinal Statements from the History of the United Church of Christ in the United States of America
- A collection of the doctrinal statements endorsed at some time by the United Church of Christ or one of its predecessor bodies. Brief introductions. Many links.
- Women in Voluntary Societies
- A presentation on Women and voluntary Societies in the United states in the Nineteenth Century
- Consecration of Material Possessions
- Chapter 7 of my dissertation. The development of stewardship theory and practice in the early years of the modern missionary movement in America.
© 2010 by Charles A. Maxfield
Material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only.
For any other use, contact the proprietor of this website
Charles A. Maxfield